- Preferably previous knowledge and experience of cleaning equipment and the cleaning industry.
- Formal electrical engineering qualification and/or experience in electrical engineering.
- Previous experience in either a field service engineering role or equipment maintenance role.
- Ability to diagnose, solve problems and technical issues to the satisfaction of a customer and the business.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, working with and communicating with people at all levels.
- The ability to pickup, learn and retain technical information.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Numerical and literate with good spelling.
- PC Literate.
- Able to work in differing working environments and working conditions ie. inside and outside in all weathers.
- Physically able to perform the tasks listed below.
- Smart Appearance
- Maintain and repair the full range of cleaning equipment.
- Record all work carried out, complete the relevant paperwork on the customer’s premises and make daily returns to HQ accordingly.
- Promote & sell maintenance contracts and other accessories.
- Control van stocks to effect 100 % “First Time” fix.
- Maintain tools and equipment in a satisfactory and safe condition.
- Ensure van is roadworthy at all times and that the Highway Code is strictly adhered to at all times.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with our customers.
- Ensure that ISO 9000/Health and Safety Procedures are followed at all times
Service Manager. Service Desk, Technical Support, and Workshop
37½ hrs per week. With the ability to work flexible hours between 6.30am to 7.00pm Monday to Friday.
Emergency Call Rota:
The ability to work occasional weekends & bank holidays on an emergency call rota with other Field Service Engineers.