Our Client is looking to appoint a Director for their Building Control Division in the South East. This is an exciting opportunity take a major role in the growth and development of one of the largest independent Approved Inspectors in the UK.
In this role you will manage three offices across the area and you will be responsible for your own projects dealing directly with clients and managing members of the team to move towards the same goals.
Reporting at Board level you will:
- Play a key role in your region’s delivery of annual targets and profitability
- To maintain appropriate profit levels within the Building Control Business and also assist in the delivery of profit levels.
- Grow and develop the regional teams whilst maintaining excellent staff retention
- Succession planning for office, identifying career progression for subordinates, graduate training
- Bring on subordinates through delegation and help them succeed in order to elevate yourself to next level
- To demonstrate a high level of business development and client management both regionally and nationwide.
- Business Development through service delivery, cross selling and seeking out opportunities to maximise existing client relationships as well as identifying new clients.
- Effective management of the bidding process and performance against scope
- Providing seminars and client briefings on advances in technical delivery and new allied legislation.
- Co-ordination and technical involvement in production of technical literature, e.g. marketing information; standard templates; seminars.
Candidate requirements include:
- A Chartered Building Control Consultant and demonstrate they have relevant experience in the Building Control Industry
- A proven record in Business Management, People Management with excellent Commercial Acumen
- A strong record of proven business development is essential in tapping into the potential for revenue growth and personal expansion within the role.
- The Director will be supported by a team and the expectation of the role in the future is for it to expand into a full strategic & influencing role within the wider building control business and assist in shaping the growth and direction of the Building Control service.
Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements.