North West £20-25k Commercial
Buyer – Electrical Wholesale
Our Client,a leading independent electrical wholesaler with a network of branches across the North West of England, are looking to appoint a Buyer. They have an excellent reputation for delivering quality services to a variety of companies including utility companies, electrical contractors and manufacturers both national and international.
Daily duties of a Buyer are varied and demanding. You will need to be a team player and prepared to assist in all areas of the business.
- Daily stock ordering from manufacturers to maintain correct stock levels
- Regular liaising with manufacturers to obtain maximum terms, discounts, sourcing and tendering
- Attention to detail to ensure that a minimum number of discrepancies occur
- Generating and analysing reports in order to assist monthly forecasting of stock and reduction of inventory
- Running stock checks, checking variances and adjusting the stocks.
- Organising return goods to suppliers, and sort out problems with deliveries.
- Ordering replenishment stock
- Obtain quotes for bespoke customer requirements and work to get all goods supplied within shortest lead time.
- Liaise with suppliers to receive the best discounts possible.
- Steering improvement initiatives and reducing operating costs to develop and maximise the success of the company and increase customer satisfaction
- Managing enquiries each day from both internal and external customers
- Providing project support to the Inventory Controller, monitoring, expediting and chasing deliveries with suppliers, processing quotation requests and rectifying overcharged invoices
- Liaising with customers in receipt of faulty products and arranging returns
- Completing regular daily/weekly stock checks, investigating stock for high risk items
- Investigating over deliveries and missing stock and performing
Ideally you will have gained the above experience within the electrical wholesale market place.