Chester £20-25k Engineering
What will this role of Casting Team Leader entail?
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, as a Casting Team Leader you’ll lead the Casting Department and be responsible for driving continuous performance improvement and all aspects of product delivery and day to day management. During night shifts, you will allocate duties to personnel in other production areas as required by the Production Manager. Your duties and responsibilities will include although not be limited to:
- Working with the Production Manager and Technical Sales on costing new jobs
- Planning casting jobs and liaising with the Production Manager on tools required
- Managing daily production requirements and informing management of any variations such as late deliveries
- Supervising employees and managing timesheets and holidays / absence reporting
- Investigating and reporting all incidents and accidents, ensuring the Casting Department is fully compliant with standards and regulations
- Ensuring the Casting Department achieves 95% on time in full delivery performance
- Working within the ISO 9001 quality system and achieving monthly quality targets
- Taking responsibility for headcount, overtime, and consumables budgets including accountability for driving year on year reductions in spend
- Training and coaching new and existing colleagues, ensuring records are maintained and driven forward
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace
Over time, you will also develop the department into a model manufacturing facility, improving material flow, layout, housekeeping and reducing waste.
What will I need to be considered for this Casting Team Leader vacancy?
- Proven supervisory experience
- Previous castings and hot metal working experience, not necessarily with lead
- A qualification in an Engineering discipline, and 5 GCSE’s grade C or above including Maths and English
- IT literacy, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Superb organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to help and encourage colleagues
What will I receive in return?
Pay Rate: £11.90 per hour, plus a shift premium of pay rate x 1.25 for all hours worked.
Additional Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme and Healthcare Cash Plan following successful probation period, cycle to work scheme, childcare voucher scheme and free car parking.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work / Shift Pattern: Rotating on a weekly basis between days and nights, working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Flexibility required to work Thursday when required. The shift times are as follows:
Day shift: 6am to 6pm*
Night shift: 6pm to 6am*
* Please note, as this is a new role these hours are provisional and are subject to change to suit department needs. More information to be given at interview.