ChesterNorth West Negotiable Engineering
Design and Manufacturing Engineer
Design and Manufacturing Engineer required to strengthen our clients Engineering Team at their head offices in Sandbach, Cheshire.
You must have proven design experience working within the manufacturing environment of steel fabrications & press work.
You must be flexible in your approach with a “CAN DO” attitude with the ability to manage your time effectively whilst working to tight targets and deadlines. You must be able to read and understand engineering drawings along with a proven, practical hands-on approach within the industry. You will be able to interpret Client drawings & to produce in-house detail drawings to aid subsequent manufacture of components including where necessary concepts of jig & fixture design utilising our Radan and Inventor CAD software along with creating routings & BOM,s.
- Interpret Customers Drawings with a view to subsequent component manufacture.
- Ensure costs are understood & communicated.
- Detail piece parts & Jig & fixture requirements to ensure effective solutions to component manufacture.
- Construct BOM,s & routings to form intuitive component manufacture instructions.
- Assist other engineering colleagues with best practice solutions.
- Assist quality department to ensure fault free solutions within the manufacturing cycle.
- Engage in Value Engineering activities to reduce process cost of manufacture.
- Liaise & collaborate with shop floor personnel to ensure best practice in solutions.
Essential Skills Required:
- Understanding engineering drawings, including Geometric tolerancing.
- Hands on experience & knowledge of steel fabrication equipment such as Laser cutting, Press-braking & welding processes.
- CAD (3D and 2D) – Radan and Inventor knowledge
- Ability to delegate and communicate well with management and staff.
- Works well under pressure.
- Proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Methodical, along with the ability to balance workloads for each area
- Good team player with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Flexible on working hours
The ideal candidate is able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative and be willing to undertake other reasonable duties when required, ideally engineering apprenticeship served. This role may suit a time served Steel Fabricator who may want to progress their career, whereby we will be willing to train & develop.
This is full time, permanent position which offers an attractive employment package which includes:
- Competitive rates of pay dependant on skills and experience
- 33 days holiday Including 8 statutory days
- Pension scheme
- 38 hours per week and overtime as required