ChesterNorth Wales Negotiable Engineering
3R Consulting are looking for an Electronic Engineer with good experience gained within a manufacturing environment. Must be flexible and able to work across craft disciplines with a range of electro-mechanical skills. Strong focus on electronic control, sensors, data acquisition, instrumentation and automation.
The role requires a reliable and self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and to take effective maintenance decisions to minimise down time and drive improvement activity through to completion.
Hands on role can be requested to provide emergency breakdown cover (during and outside normal working hours)
May require some shift cover as and when required.
- Hands on role responsible for the maintenance of all plant, machinery and ancillary equipment of the groups manufacturing sites
- To assist the Plant Engineering Manager with the move forward from the existing reactive maintenance culture to one of a proactive planned maintenance function
- To respond quickly and effectively to support breakdown situations, working on own initiative and making competent decisions to achieve necessary repairs to minimise downtime. This will involve call out duties, as and when required to cover a 24-hour continuous proces
- To work flexibly, undertaking electrical/electronic diagnosis and repair to plant and machinery as necessary
- The jobholder will become actively involved in a continuous improvement process to create and influence a lasting cultural change within a traditional manufacturing environment
- The jobholder will be involved in process plant, installation and industrialization projects with a view to modifying equipment at the design stage to suit manufacturing processes
- An element of travel may be required to support our plants in Asia and Eastern Europe
- Involvement with the implementation of all health and safety regulations within the factor
- Work within a maintenance budget/cost control
- Responsibility for ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
- The jobholder will be proficient in programmable logic controllers from design through to integration.
- Experience of machinery upgrades and test equipment.
- High level of resilience and strength of character
- Strong and confident leadership skills
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to aspects of cost and time
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Spirit of innovation to improve work procedures
- Motivated by a fast changing company
- Self learner
- Practical Approach
- Capable to analyse complex problems and synthesis
- Motivation to work in an international environment
- Relationship builder
- Automotive Manufacturing
- New process training skills ONC Electrical/Electronics
- Understanding or working knowledge of software control systems
- Fault finding and installation of a wide variety of process control equipment including AC/DC drives, servo and stepper motor controllers
- PLC’s and PLC based control systems (ideally Siemens S7)
- Process analytical controllers / sensors
- Factory power distribution
- Pneumatically controlled machinery
- Working knowledge of PLC fault diagnosis and rectification (Siemens S4 onwards)
- HND in Engineering/Degree in an Engineering related subject
- BEng Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Electronic Engineering roll
- Experience of working in a highly manual repetitive production line environment, preferably within the automotive sector