North West £20-30k Commercial
Our Client is a provider of medical equipment and services and due to growth is looking to appoint a suitably qualified individual to carry out the financial and administrative duties for the company. Including managing the sales and purchasing ledger, coupled with debt control and financial reporting on performance.
The primary requirements for this role are a basic knowledge and understanding of the financial procedures that a business run on. A element of financial reporting will be required in order to produce basic reports for management.
- Sales Ledger. To carry out the invoicing of projects, ensuring they are accurate and delivered to the customers on time. Ensuring at all times that queries are dealt with promptly in the interests of our striving for outstanding customer service.
- Purchase ledger. Raising purchase orders, checking purchase invoices against the system to check pricing is correct. Ensuring that purchase invoices are received in a timely manner.
- Supplier & Client Statements: Ensuring customer statements are sent promptly and accurately out to customers. Checking supplier statements are accurate and the system is correct.
- Debt Management: Working a more detailed system to to minimize outstanding customer debts. Implementing the system including chasing phone calls, sending chasing letters.
- Carrying out financial duties such as arranging for direct debit mandates to be sent for signature, and submitting the amounts to be taken.
- Production and completion of the service contract documents.
- Producing some key simple management reports. a. Management Accounts b. Sales figures per day, month, year. c. Debtor & Creditor days. d. Profitability ratio’s.
- Administrative duties such as typing letters, issuing post, sorting post.
- Filing and general office systems to improve performance.
- Must have a solid grasp of the principles of finance and accounts.
- Must be customer facing, and dedicated to improving the customer experience to enhance growth internally and externally from a financial perspective.
- Must be able to work with, inspire and motivate within a growing team.
- Must be committed to training and continuously improving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ideally a knowledge of Xero, a well known accounting package.