Chester £28,000 - £32,000 Engineering
So, what will the role of Multi-Skilled Machinist entail?
Reporting to the Machine Shop Cell Leader, as a Multi-Skilled Machinist you’ll be responsible for the operation of various conventional and CNC Machine tools. Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Setting and operating various machine tools, including, CNC lathes, CNC milling machines, pedestal drills, radial arm drill, bench & surface grinders
- Setting up machines for production operatives in a safe and efficient manner
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Highlighting and communicating issues that may arise and implementing corrective actions that have been issued
- Ensuring job clocking / worksheets are completed as required
- Ensuring that health, safety and quality standards are complied with
What will I need to be considered for this Multi-Skilled Machinist vacancy?
- Proven experience as a Multi-Skilled Machinist within an engineering company
- Time served recognised apprenticeship
- Good knowledge of machine tools, including lathes, milling machines, pedestal drills, radial arm drill, bench & surface grinders
- Experienced CNC programmer setter / operator, with a recognised qualification in CNC programming
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to measure accurately and work to within +/- 0.025mm
- Fully conversant in the use of inspection equipment
- Ability to plan method of work including tooling, jigs and fixtures etc.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent time management skills
The following experience and qualifications would be advantageous, but not essential;
- Experience with 4 axis milling machine programming and setting
- Ability to competently use motorised workplace transport and overhead gantry cranes
- Knowledge of ONECNC programming software
- Experience of CNC milling machines, Fanuc 18-t series, and HAAS machinery
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £29,812 including shift premium allowance
Additional Benefits: 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking.
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday on a rotational shift pattern, covering 5am to 2pm and 2pm to 11pm
Contracted Hours: 36 hours per week