ChesterNorth Wales Negotiable Engineering
- Supervise Engineering Design Department, in accordance with priorities agreed with Technical Director and Chief Executive.
- Use appropriate planning and monitoring tools, e.g. MS Project, to manage specific projects, resource allocation, progress reporting to help achieve on-time, on-cost
- Ensure that design work is carried out using appropriate technology/software in accordance with appropriate standards and/or good practice.
- Set up, where necessary, and ensure adherence to process(es) for administration of Document Control, Storage, Change Control and implementation.
- Liaising with Sales, Buying, Customer Support, Customer Services and Production Departments to ensure that designs and projects are delivered on time.
- Monitor and report on activities of the department.
- Co-ordinate Team annual leave arrangements to ensure adequate cover at all times.
- Assist Technical Director with preparation of Departmental Budget Figures.
- Identify personal development needs within Engineering Design Department for discussion with Technical Director and Human Resources Manager.
- Assist with any other function, e.g. shows, purchasing and technical sales support, which are deemed necessary by the company.
Health & Safety:
- Comply with company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Equipment and Materials
- Ensure appropriate use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility