Birkenhead up to £16k Commercial
Job Title: Building and Control & Technical Administrator
Status: Full time, permanent,
Working hours: 09.00-1700, Mon-Fri
Salary: up to £16K
Summary: Ideally would suit an administrator who will have worked in a busy fast paced support function dealing with field based teams or supporting other teams in an admin function
The manager is looking for the successful candidate to be a confident team player who can demonstrate they can competently and efficiently manage their workload.
To provide a professional customer focused administration service within the department, ensuring that the most effective systems and processes are followed at all times and that the customers’ needs are not just consistently met but exceeded.
Overview of Responsibilities
- To support the Technical Administration Team Leader in the efficient running of the service with regards to our Design Review Team, HVS Project Managers and Claims Surveying Team
- To manage incoming correspondence including hard copies and discs as well as web based client portals and to ensure the information is correctly scanned, uploaded, filed, renamed and distributed/notified as necessary to ensure ease of use by the end user.
- To support the Central Plan Check Team, Structural Engineers, and Consultants, by monitoring the responses from Clients following the issue of consultation reports from the team and facilitating an early response
- After review, to proactively chase the clients for all outstanding information from the plan review reports, using the specific responses from the plan checkers to enable efficient progression of the plan check.
- To extract information from the system for use by the technical teams. To liaise with clients and their design teams in order to collate information required via web shares, dropbox, saving in the relevant place.
- After review, to proactively chase the clients for the structural/architectural packages of information, using the specific responses from the engineers/plan checkers/project managers to enable efficient progression of the structural/plan/HVS check
- Making appointments for Claims Surveyor Team, assisting with information requests and general administration
- To efficiently deal with administration and monitoring of technical and engineering referrals, managing the data requests, storage and communicating clearly between the HVS Project Management Team, RMS, engineer/TSD and external client.
- To allocate/manage the workload of the Design Review and Claims Surveyors, to ensure a relatively even spread of workload, based on an agreed guidance procedure, recording appropriately within the Plan Check and Engineering recording system
- To monitor the reports raised from the Design Review team and client responses against agreed Service Level Agreements
- To efficiently deal with administration and monitoring of Fire Officer & Sewerage Consultations within agreed timescales
- To assist with the allocation of the Building Control Help Desk duties across the team to ensure an even workload
- To attend team meetings as required
- Other duties as can reasonably be required
Experience / Skills
- Proficient in the use of computer systems – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Confident Client manner
- Focused on customer service
- Performance driven, ability to work within deadlines
- Tenacious, ability to complete the task
- Excellent Communications skills both written and verbal
- Experience of working within an administration team, operating similar processes and systems
- Ability to carry out general administration and clerical tasks to good standard
- Ability to maintain files and records accurately
- Ability to organise own workload efficiently, prioritising as necessary
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative and flexible in personal approach